[mythtv-users] TCP Fast retransmission and TCP Out-of-Order segment packets between backend and frontend with Airlink Powerline adapter resulting jittery pic

Tim K mymythtv007 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:19:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

I use Airlink 101 85Mpbs adapter that interconnects my backend and frontend.

When I'm watching recordings I get jittery picture which is really
unusable to watch.

I can see

"TCP Fast retransmission (suspected)"

and

"TCP Out-of-Order segment"

packets between backend and frontend with Airlink Powerline 85Mbps
adapters resulting jittery picture.

To save bandwidth in the list I have posted all mythtv systems core
details (mythfrontend debug output, linux/kernel/IP info and wireshark
screen captures etc.) and my guesses/speculations about the issue in
here:

http://mymytti.blogspot.com/2007/08/mythfronend-and-backend-config-info.html

Thanks for help.

Tim