[mythtv-users] MythPlugins from source problem

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Wed Aug 29 17:34:12 UTC 2007

> I am still getting the "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmyth-0.20.1 " error. A
> find for "*lmyth-0.20.1*" turns up nothing.

Because you are searching for the wrong thing. -l is a command line
parameter, what follows -l is part of the actual lib name. A find / -name
'libmyth-0.20.1*' would have a chance to find it.

> I have noticed that qmake is nowhere to be found on my system and the
> qmake command returns no feedback.

Unless by no feedback you mean "command not found" you have qmake and the no
feedback you are seeing is actually it dutifully generating a Makefile from
the .pro file in your current working directory. If you didn't have qmake
you would have failed much earlier.

--
Anduin Withers