[mythtv-users] Cox Communications has turned off Firewire output

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Aug 29 15:43:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 11:14:02PM -0700, Bob Sully wrote:
> > A Cox Communications employee called me late today to assure me that
> > they take their FCC compliance seriously. She explained that the
> > problem was do to a coding error in a software update - and that
> > they were working hard to test and implement a fix.
> >
> > She stated that the problem was global in nature and a fix was being
> > tested tomorrow - and that I should expect a fix by Friday (worst
> > case) and most likely before that.

Well, perhaps they need to put out an internal memo that says "please
don't tell customers incorrect things that will get us shut down by the
FCC".

> Well, I'm glad you have made progress with Cox. @#$%^&! Time Warner
> Cable out here in Los Angeles cut off Firewire back in January. It
> seems that they're using the same coders. :-(

I gave Snider a heads up on the thread here; he says "please do have
people send me their reports on these problems, in detail; the FCC
people get 'visibly angry' when they hear these things".

For whatever that's worth.  :-)

	jsnider at 1394ta.org

And for what it's worth, also, I concur with those people who say
"don't cancel your service if you propose to make a fuss; you'll lose
standing"; they're probably right.

Cheers,
-- jra