[mythtv-users] MythPlugins from source problem

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:06:31 UTC 2007

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > On Aug 28, 2007, at 8:05 AM, Joe Borne wrote:
> >
> >> I'm attempting to go to the SVN version of MythTV on my Fed Core 6
> >> box. I have successfully compiled mythtv, but the plugins won't
> compile.
> >>
> >> Running "svn st http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins" gives the
> >> message that the current version is not a working copy.
> >>
> >> I followed the compile and install from svn instructions on the wiki,
> >> so I'm thinking maybe I cam grabbing from the wrong source tree maybe?
> >>
> >> I'd really like to go to SVN in order to get SD and several other
> >> improvements.
> >>
> >> Can anyone help? Perhaps a nice little HOWTO from someone who's done
> >> it, on getting SVN installed in order to use SD would be nice.
> >
> > You need to install mythtv (not just compile) before trying to compile
> > the plugins. Did you do that first?
> >

> "svn st http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins" does not check out
> the code, it checks the status.
>
> You need 'svn co  http:........mythtv' and the same for mythplugins and
> myththemes.
>
> Then cd mythtv, run configure, then make, then make install. Do all that
> before attempting to make plugins or themes.
>
> The previously required step 'qmake mythtv.pro' has been added as the
> last line of configure.
>
> Complete scripts to do this are given at the bottom of the wiki page
> Installing Mythtv SVN on Fedora Core (in Howto). The scripts will work
> on basically any distribution. Other sections, such as auto-starting
> mythbackend are fedora specific.
>
> Geoff

Actually, that is the frustrating thing. After the first suggestion that I
install mythtv first before configuring and making mythplugins, I did so.
The error I posted was after that.

So I did a clean configure/qmake/make/make install of mythtv and I did the
same for myththemes. I then ran configure, qmake and make for mythplugins. I
am still getting the "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmyth-0.20.1" error. A find
for "*lmyth-0.20.1*" turns up nothing.

I have noticed that qmake is nowhere to be found on my system and the qmake
command returns no feedback. I was assuming that perhaps it's simply a
function of the qt suite, but perhaps therein lies the problem. Searches for
how to install qmake have turned up very little in google.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.