[mythtv-users] Channel data lost after a rescan

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 29 09:24:07 UTC 2007

Adam Egger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The channels sometimes change here (DVB-t) so I have to rescan them
> every few months. The bad thing is that all manually entered data is
> lost after that. So I have to reenter the icon location, the short
> name etc.
> How can I prevent myth from deleting all the data on a full scan?
>
> Adam

I only have a HDHR so you may have other options. I can select "minimal
updates" when scanning and then it does not delete the old info. Of
course, for me scanning does not work and I have to manually edit the
channels table to add a channel but thats a bug in the hdhr code and
should not affect dvb. (Problem scanning cable channels)