[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct subscriptions

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 28 22:36:16 UTC 2007

On 08/28/2007 06:21 PM, Matt Mossholder wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 08:52 -0700, Gabe Rubin wrote:
>
>> On 8/27/07, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I went into mythtvsetup and manually deleted all the HD channels from
>> my analog-pvr-350 source, and then restarted mythbackend and did a
>> mythfilldatabase.  All my HD channels that I removed came back.  I am
>> still very confused as to how to prevent this from happening.  I have
>> followed the instructions posted here, posted in the how-to, and tried
>> this additional method, but when doing mythfilldatabase, this comes
>> up:
>> 2007-08-28 08:35:57.421 sourceid 1 has lineup type: CableDigital
>> 2007-08-28 08:36:12.112 Grab complete.  Actual data from Sun Sep 9
>> 07:00:00 2007 to Mon Sep 10 07:00:00 2007 (UTC)
>> 2007-08-28 08:36:12.113 Main temp tables populated.
> [...snip...]
>> Please help, what am I doing wrong???
> I'm having the same problem. Every time mfd gets run, the channels that
> I deleted reappear.

AIUI, mfdb tries to determine if a channel is digital or analog and uses
that information to decide whether to add it to a lineup or not.  In
some cases, that's not possible (i.e. with an STB's output connected to
an analog encoder and with the same cable signal via another analog
encoder's built-in tuner).

Since, by default, mfdb adds new channels it finds available to the
lineup (even when not added to the lineup) to lineups associated with
analog inputs, you need to tell it not to do this.  In that case, you
should run with --remove-new-channels.

Mike