[mythtv-users] Why won't this Xorg.Conf load?

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 19:06:53 UTC 2007

On 8/28/07, Jeff volckaert <jvolckaert at gmail.com> wrote:
> I seem to recall a path change in the past.  My files section under FC5 is:
>
> Section "Files"
>
> # Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
> # By default, a font server independent of the X server is
> # used to render fonts.
>         FontPath     "unix/:7100"
> EndSection
>
> Personally, I would forget the old and let FC6 generate a new one.  I
> don't see anything in your config that appears customized (i.e.
> twinview).
>
> Jeff

what does the
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
file have to say? It's created at X start time. Any errors on why it does not
start should be in there.

where / how did you load the nVidia drivers? Are you sure that the kernel
modules for them loaded successfully prior to starting X? does
lsmod | grep nvid
show you someting like:
nvidia               7253108  38

jack