[mythtv-users] ATSC channels scan and play but will not lock. (solved)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Aug 28 18:25:58 UTC 2007

Yashka Oreza wrote:
> I've solved this problem for now, though I can't really explain why it would
> cause the particular problem I experienced.
>
> The change that solved it was  disabling "--enable-proc-opt" during
> compilation.

Complete guess here, but proc-opt tells the compiler to use
optimizations specific to the processor. Either the ATSC scanning
process or the driver used by the ATSC scanner to talk to the hardware
choked on a compiler option. Either the option did not exist or worked
in a different way from that expected by the software.

Ny second guess would be that it is a driver/firmware issue as I cannot
see how the scanning program would be likely to fail in that manner.

Geoff

        Helping with the HTTP issue