[mythtv-users] Fans and cooling

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:05:20 UTC 2007

> In general, fans should blow *onto* the components they're cooling, as
> power supply fans do (they cool *the power supply*).  CPU fans are the
> exception (they suck air through the heatsink), and occasionally those
> case fans right next to the CPU fan.

Not all or possibly even most as I have built over 100 computers
between home and work in the last 10 years and I can not remember one
that does it that way. Well I guess the slot processors did it that
way.

My cpu fans blow in fresh air to the cpu and the exaust is out the
sides. I just verified that (paper test) is definitely the case with
AMD Retail CPUs and Thermaltake Silent K8 heatsinks.

John