[mythtv-users] All audio works except 2 channel pcm on DVD's using Internal player

jrhessey dah_069 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:21:37 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 08/27/2007 09:30 PM, jrhessey wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Sounds like you need to use (and aren't currently using) the plug plugin
>>> to do rate conversion.  See
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound .
>>>
>> I tried that webpage and create an .asoundrc file but I still get the
>> same
>> thing...  Here is my .asoundrc file
>
> Then chances are you have a good device specified for passthrough audio
> device, but the one specified for audio output device isn't correct.
>
> Mike

The audio output device in the mythtv frontend setup or in the asoundrc
file?  If I remember correctly the only 2 options I have for audio output
device in Mythtv is /dev/dsp and dev/adsp.  If I select dsp I get no sound
for anything, tv, video, or dvd's.  I just now noticed I never told you I
was trying to run everything through a spdif connection, sorry if you
figured that out from my previous posts.  Thanks for your help and patience!