[mythtv-users] Setting to change the recordings thumbnail folder?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 28 06:35:58 UTC 2007

On 08/28/2007 02:24 AM, Charles Waddell wrote:
> Is there a way to change the folder that the preview thumbnails are
> stored in,

No.

> or a way to disable thumbnail generation for recordings?

No.

> I am using a remote DLNA server to store my recordings (for use with
> the PS3) and the thumbnails show up in the list of files.

Any way you could get the server to serve files through a directory of
symlinks?  If so, use mythrename.pl --link to create a directory of
(nicely named) links to your recordings and you'll never notice the
preview images.

I've considered making a change to trunk that allows Myth to write
preview pixmaps to a storage group with a name like "previews" or
"thumbnails" or something if it exists and otherwise writes them to the
recordings directory.  However, it's a rather large change for no new
functionality and--since I just use symlinks from mythrename.pl when
accessing recordings through the command-line--I never see the previews
myself, so it's low on my list of priorities.

Mike