[mythtv-users] DirecTV D10-300 Serial Interface

Blaine Nelson blaine.m.nelson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 23:32:56 UTC 2007

As for the serial port check, I don't have a modem lying around.  But,
I do have an old mouse with the old round serial ps2 port and an even
older adpater that goes from the round serial ps2-style port to a
regular serial port.  I'm not sure if this counts as a serial device
but here's what I did.  Plug the mouse into the round serial ps2-style
port.  Reboot.  Mouse worked fine.  Plug the mouse into the regular
serial port using the adapter.  Reboot.  Mouse did not work at all.  I
tried again on the second serial port.  Still nothing from the mouse.

Should the mouse have worked in the regular serial port?  Xubuntu (the
distro I'm using) picked up on the mouse in the round ps2-style port
but not the regular port.  Can I take this as an indication that the
serial port is screwed up?

And if so, what's next?  What steps can I take to see why the mouse
isn't working?

Thanks everyone for putting up with all this.