[mythtv-users] mythtv and AT&T u-verse (motorola 1200/1216)

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Mon Aug 27 19:49:27 UTC 2007

Can Mythtv work well with AT&T u-verse equipment?  Specifically the
Motorola 1200 (the STB) and the supplied DVR (the Motorola 1216).  There
have been one or two threads about U-Verse but I haven't seen any
definitive answers.  I'm particularly interested if HD capture is
possible using the supplied equipment.  I suspect it isn't.

If you use MythTV + AT&T U-verse and you don't use mythtv to
capture/record...what do you do with mythtv?

I currently have AT&T basic satellite service but have the option of
switching to U-verse.  I currently record OTA for HD and I use a
Hauppage USB device for recording from the AT&T/DirecTV STB.

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
Never underestimate the power of a small, tactical nuclear weapon.