[mythtv-users] FC6 Kernel 2.6.22.2 Lirc installation Issues

Jim Scott jimdscott at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 16:20:56 UTC 2007

On 8/27/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 11:56:10AM -0400, MacAusland, Robert: HFX wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I did a virgin install yesterday of FC6 and following Jarod Wilson's
> > Myth install instructions, start to work through the myth install.
> >
> > The process errored when it came time to install Lirc.
> >
> > FATAL: Error inserting lirc_i2c (/lib/modules/2.6.22.2-
> > 42.fc6/updates/drivers/lirc/lirc_i2c.ko): Invalid module format
> > FATAL: Error running install command for lirc_i2c
> > I have no clue what to do next.
> > Suggestions?
>
> FC6 had a bug that made it install i586 kernels on i686 system. See
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC6Common?highlight=%28common%29#head-e0676100ebd965b92fbaa7111097983a3822f143
> for details and how to fix your system.

I wonder if the same bug might exist in Fedora 7? I had an error trying to
use the nvidia kernel module downloaded from atrpms. The architecture for
atrpms was correct. I never thought to double check that Fedora installed
the right kernel for my architecture.

The rest of the atrpms upgrade went perfectly well. Thanks so much for the
time you take putting all the files together.