[mythtv-users] Database Upgrade Questions

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 27 14:57:21 UTC 2007

On 08/27/2007 08:01 AM, Bill Williamson wrote:
> On 8/27/07, makalu at ansae.com <makalu at ansae.com> wrote:
>
>> Second, I see from the UPGRADE readme that mythtv will upgrade old schemas
>> automatically (at least from 0.10 or 0.11). When does this happen? During
>> the "make install" or during mythfilldatabase? I.e., do I want to run
>> mythfilldatabase after I do make install?
>>
> The first time you run the myth front OR back end it will be upgraded.
>  It happens at runtime.
or mythtv-setup.  As a matter of fact, when upgrading past a bunch of
version numbers, you should /really/ consider running mythtv-setup and
checking all the settings before running mythbackend (and, since a
frontend needs a master backend, probably shouldn't run mythfrontend
until you've got mythbackend running).  Then, start up mythbackend,
mythfrontend, and go into the frontend settings and verify that all the
new settings' defaults are appropriate (or modify them).

Mike