[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct and multiple zap2it accounts

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 05:10:43 UTC 2007

On 8/26/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 08/26/2007 06:53 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> > On 8/26/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> >> Right, and if the providers are different (i.e. OTA, DirectTV, DISH,
> >> Cable Company are all different providers), this is /definitely/ what
> >> you should do.  However, for users who actually need multiple video
> >> sources from the same provider (as in the cable TV examples above), Myth
> >> now supports the use of a single lineup with multiple video sources
> >> through client-side filtering.  See
> >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/285225#285225 .  Note
> >> that --remove-new-channels is no longer required with 0.20.2 and above.
> > I read the referenced post several times, and understand, I create a
> > lineup that includes all the channels any of my video sources use,
>
> Correct.
>
> >  and
> > assign that lineup to those video sources,
>
> Correct
>
> > but I am not understanding
> > at what stage I tell myth that one of my sources cannot access all the
> > channels in that "meta-lineup."
> >

> When configuring the channels for the video source, you delete the ones
> that are not available to the input with which the video source is
> associated.
>
> If you are "converting" a video source from Z2L to SD, you had already
> accomplished the step of assigning appropriate channels to the video
> source (using the multiple Z2L lineups from your multiple Z2L accounts),
> so you don't need to tell Myth anything more.  The only time you'll need
> to delete the extra channels is when you're setting up a new video
> source from scratch.

I tried this, and my pvr-350 video source now think it should be able
to record on the HD channels.  Not a huge deal this week, as my
recording schedules are still having only firewire capture hd, but the
new listings that were picked up after doing this and doing
mythfilldatabase are showing that the pvr-350 will try to record HD
programming next week.

How can I manually edit these out of my pvr-350 channels?  A simple
edit through mysql or some other way?

I can restore my db from earlier if that will help, but I think I will
just then rinse, lather, repeat myself into the same issue again.