[mythtv-users] upgrade from 0.20 to 0.20.2 on ubuntu dapper

Raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 03:13:54 UTC 2007

This is just to confirm to everyone that the upgrade and switch over to
SD on Ubuntu 6.06 went fine for me.
I'm using compiled mythtv source releases, not packages. The steps I
took were very simple:
backed up the database,
downloaded 0.20.2 source from mythtv site,
stopped mythbackend,
compiled new version,
installed over old version,
restarted the backend, schema upgrade worked without problems.

Lastly I set up the new listings source in mythtv-setup, and then did a
test run of mfdb. It all worked and it was the first time I did an
upgrade with no residual config left to be done by me manually (except
the switch to SD). With each new release mythtv is getting easier to
work with.

Raphael