[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct and multiple zap2it accounts

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 22:53:01 UTC 2007

On 8/26/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Right, and if the providers are different (i.e. OTA, DirectTV, DISH,
> Cable Company are all different providers), this is /definitely/ what
> you should do.  However, for users who actually need multiple video
> sources from the same provider (as in the cable TV examples above), Myth
> now supports the use of a single lineup with multiple video sources
> through client-side filtering.  See
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/285225#285225 .  Note
> that --remove-new-channels is no longer required with 0.20.2 and above.

Mike,

I read the referenced post several times, and understand, I create a
lineup that includes all the channels any of my video sources use, and
assign that lineup to those video sources, but I am not understanding
at what stage I tell myth that one of my sources cannot access all the
channels in that "meta-lineup."

Does the "mythfilldatabase --remove-new-channels" simply compare the
"meta-lineup" with what was the older lineup in the database (from my
prior, multiple zap2it lineups I used) and do all the work for me?