[mythtv-users] SD: 4 lineups per account? Re: Schedules Direct and multiple zap2it accounts

Peter Watkins peterw at tux.org
Sun Aug 26 22:09:03 UTC 2007

> Has anyone figured this out yet?  My particular flavour of this problem
> is 2 Zap2It accounts, one for my HD OTA and the other for DirecTV
> broadcasts.

That's just two lineups. According to SD board member  Robert Eden 9
days ago
http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22
SD will allow 4 lineups per account. So you shouldn't have any problem
using one paid SD subscription to cover both OTA/ATSC and DirectTV.

SD folks: I nominate this for the FAQ: add a question
"How many different channel lineups can I have?"
with the answer
"Each paid SD account will be able to create up to 4 lineups, so you can
use SD to cover such diverse things as analog broadcast, HD/ATSC
broadcast, analog cable, and digital/firewire cable programming with one
account."
and maybe add Robert's comment from that forum post, amended slightly:
"The reason some user created multiple Zap2It Labs (Z2L)accounts was
because Z2L (and DataDirect as a whole), doesn't allow a lineup to be
added twice with different channel layouts. The recommended solution
there is to do the filtering locally and not via the lineup editor."

That is, if the above cited forums post is still correct.

-Peter