[mythtv-users] MythWeather in 0.20.2/-fixes packages (was Re: Mythweather-revamp and 0.20.2 release)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Aug 26 21:47:44 UTC 2007

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 01:30:44PM +0000, Harry Devine wrote:
> I still have the code for mythweather-revamp from the SVN trunk, and
> that's what I had previously built.  That's the same code that I
> tried to recompile last night.  Since you said that I had to
> recompile it against the current libs, isn't that what I am doing?
> Or are the RPM update packages not putting the current libs on my
> machine?

"libs" are usually shipped in two parts on most distributions:

 * a run time part containing $libdir/libfoo.so.X.Y and symlinks, and
 * a development kit containing $libdir/libfoo.so/a/la and headers.

If you want to use the libs like mythtv does the runtime is
sufficient. If you wnat to *build* against them you also need the
development part which in this case is "mythtv-devel"

So do a yum install mythtv-devel and then build mythweather-revamp.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net