[mythtv-users] How to upgrade?

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 26 21:41:24 UTC 2007

Cliff Avey wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers everyone.
>
> Do you think I can leave my system at FC3 with all the working drives
> (lirc, drivers for my pvr350 tuners, etc), and just upgrade the MythTV
> software itself, or should I make the leap to FC7 with the latest for
> everything?

What you *should* do is your problem, but you *can* leave your system at
FC3 and just update Myth.  I just got done upgrading my daughter's myth
box to 0.20-fixes.  Everything worked fine.

In my case, the box relies on btaudio/snd-bt87x to record the sound, and
I haven't been able to get that to work with any kernel newer than
2.6.9.  Until I do, that box is stuck on FC3.

Bill