[mythtv-users] osx-packager.pl fails

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Sun Aug 26 19:02:35 UTC 2007

Craig Treleaven wrote:

>>> The nightly SVN builds have been going well.  I'm going to try to build
>>> .20.2 to see if it works.  I'll report back shortly.
>>>

>> Yep, I had the exact same problem.   I fixed it by doing this:
>>
>> I was using the trunk osx-packager.pl.  There are differences in the
>> .20.2 and trunk osx-packager.pl.   Once I changed to the osx-packager.pl
>>
> >from the .20.2.  I got errors while trying download dependencies in
>
>> MySQL and libdvdcss.  I edited the osx-packer.pl with the updated
>> download paths.  Recompiled and everything was great.  I have a 20.2
>> MythFrontend that I'll be posting to thesniderpad.com this evening.
>>

> Hi David:
>
> Thanks for working on this.
>
> Would you mind emailing your version of osx-packager.pl to me?  I can't seen to get the version from 0.20.2 to work on my system--it dies complaining that svn is not installed.  I've tried to modify it to build svn (as other versions do) but I can't seen to get all the bits lined up.
>
> Craig

I just used the stock .20.2  (I've deleted it since I built the .20.2
binary).  It looked like a much older version of the packager.   You
probably should just install a version of svn for macosx.  I used Fink
to install the svn client.

Here's what I suggest you do.

Use the latest osx-packager to build up until you get your original
error.  Then run the new osx-packager from .20.2 in the same directory
to pick up where the old one left off.