[mythtv-users] New channels not inserted for firewire

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Aug 26 15:39:27 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 07:41 -0600, Curtis Stanford wrote:
> The --do-not-filter-channels option doesn't work either. I tried
> deleting a channel and
> ran 'mythfilldatabase --only-update-channels --do-channel-updates --
> do-not-filter-new-channels'
> and it didn't insert the missing channel. It seems to be this
> is_encoder check that stops
> it from creating any channels because is_encoder is always false for
> firewire.
>
> It did work last time I set up my zap2it account (quite a while ago).

Hmm, this is not good. Can you try disconnecting the Video Source from
the firewire card in the Input Connections editor and then running that
same mythfilldatabase command? I'll try to debug this tonight or
tomorrow morning either way.

I added a little reminder to myself to do this to the ticket at:
  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3842
If you find a workaround before I get a chance to look at this
please post it there.

-- Daniel