[mythtv-users] New channels not inserted for firewire

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Sun Aug 26 02:42:36 UTC 2007

When switching to SD, I accidentally deleted all my channels. I could
not for the life of me get the 'Fetch Channel' feature in mythtv-
setup to work or the mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates to work.
After looking at the code in datadirect.cpp at line 733, it calls
update_channel_basic using the is_encoder value, which is false for a
firewire connection. As a result, update_channel_basic will never
insert a channel. When I commented this out, it worked fine.

I may be reading it wrong, but I can't see how a new channel would
ever get inserted for a firewire video source.

Thanks

Curtis