[mythtv-users] Good silent PCI-Express video card?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 01:24:30 UTC 2007

I just ordered a replacement board and CPU for my mythtv machine, and
realized after ordering it that the board doesn't have an AGP slot. My
current mythtv box has a fanless Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 that was at the
sweet spot of price and performance (while being silent) when I bought it.
It looks like I'll have to get something of the PCI-E flavor. What's the
best PCI-E video card for myth that's both cheap and silent? I need S-video
out, no GPU fan (If possible), and a GPU that can handle HD once I decide to
go that route.

Thanks,