[mythtv-users] Encoder "stuck" playing LiveTV when it isn't

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Sat Aug 25 21:48:04 UTC 2007

Taco Mel wrote:
> 1. Is there a "keepalive" between the front end and
> back end when watching Live TV so that the back end
> knows the front end really isn't watching live TV
> anymore?  I have not seen such a setting but if it
> exists I obviously need to enable or configure it.
> (If there isn't, maybe there should be.)

I've had a similar problem to you when a remote frontend crashes or the
network goes down, and the backend still thinks the frontend is
connected. As far as I know, there is no heartbeat signal between
backend or frontend, or if there is it doesn't appear to be working. I
definitely agree with you that such a thing would be very useful - not
to encourage people just to reset frontends, but in order to increase
general resiliency of Myth.

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T