[mythtv-users] Are my capture cards broken?

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sat Aug 25 16:49:27 UTC 2007

I used to be a TV repairman/antenna system installer/maintainer.  I've
worked with TVs, splitters, "signal boosters" (amplifiers), cable, etc,
for over 30 years and hooked things up as wrongly (?) as you could
imagine and NEVER blown up anything that has to do with antenna
inputs/outputs.  I doubt very seriously that any of your hardware is
fried.  Sounds more like you just did a channel scan with messed up
inputs and you have to get that data flushed out and re-scan.  Of
course, I could be wrong.....  Maybe start with the cable going straight
into any one card (eliminate splitters and amplifiers) and see how it
does.  Good luck.

DaveD