[mythtv-users] Upgrading to .20.0.2 using source

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 12:19:37 UTC 2007

Okay, lets' say I'm impatient and wanted to upgrade my system using
the source, but currently had the atrpms binaries on my system for .
20 (not fixes) currently installed. What do I need to do to make sure
the migration goes smoothly, or should I just wait for the binaries
to be released? I'm currently running a fedora 6 system, and just got
everything really working well together, and wasn't looking forward
to an upgrade, but don't recall compiling from source being that hard
(my fedora4 system ran .18 from source really well) Any tips, things
I should remember? (I already have 7 days of backups for my database,
as I have a cron do a nightly backup of my database before optimizing
it)

Thanks.

~Jon