[mythtv-users] osx-packager.pl fails

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Aug 24 23:32:08 UTC 2007

Hi:

I've spent quite a bit of time over the last few days trying to build
an 0.20-fixes on my Mac.  The error I'm getting now has me stumped.
I'm using the trunk version* of osx-packager.pl.  I did a
"-distclean" before starting and then:

mini-Dude:~/mythtv craigtreleaven$ ./osx-packager.pl -svnbranch
release-0-20-fixes -enable-backend -verbose

[several hundred lines deleted...]

[osx-pkg] Building self-contained MythFrontend
[osx-pkg] rm -fr /Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/MythFrontend.app
[osx-pkg] cp
/Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/mythfrontend
/Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/MythFrontend
cp:
/Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/mythfrontend:
No such file or directory
[osx-pkg] Failed system call: " cp
/Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/mythfrontend
/Users/craigtreleaven/mythtv/MythFrontend " with error code 1
Died at ./osx-packager.pl line 976.

Shouldn't the source of the cp be mythfrontend.app instead of
mythfrontend?  Perl is incomprehensible to me so I have no idea if
I've done something wrong or there is a bug.

Craig

* At first, I was using the 0.20-fixes version of osx-packager.pl
only to determine that it is lacking numerous patches that have been
applied to the trunk version.