[mythtv-users] Unable to record and scheduled recordings lost

Robin Karpeta Robin at karfaz.gotadsl.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 17:46:41 UTC 2007

Hi,
I've been using MythTV for almost a year and am extremely pleased with it.
(Jarod Wilson build on Fedora Core 5. Thanks Jarod!!)

However two days ago there was a power cut and since then I cannot record:

Symptons are:

Upcoming recordings list is empty (set to view all).

When attempting to record from a list or from the schedule no errors appear
but it simply does nothing and no icon appears on the schedule listing.

However, everything else works.  Can watch Live TV and picture in picture (two
tuner cards PVR 350 and PVR 250).  If I press the record button whilst
watching live TV then the show records correctly.  Only it is not
hightlighted as recording.

Also able to see all items recorded up till the power cut and play them back
and so on.

I have examined the mythbackend logs and run mythfrontend with the -v all and
checked the output.

I have also checked the consistency of the database with mysqlcheck and all
tables come up as normal.

Finally I restored the mythconverg database from a backup taken automatically
just after the last recording and before the power cut.

Nothing works.

I would be very grateful for anyone who can help.  And if I have missed
anything obvious, I apologise in advance :-).

Thanks
Robin