[mythtv-users] PVR-350 Almost Working?

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Fri Aug 24 16:44:52 UTC 2007

> The above looks perfect! What exactly seems to be the problem? Have you
> tried
> doing a capture outside of myth? Are you connecting to the correct capture
> device in mythtv-setup? Are you linking the correct capture device to the
> properly defined source?
>
> Mike Perkins

I am just trying to get past the basic ivtv test using

cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg

With the setup above using ivtv 0.7.4, the test.mpg file is empty.  Did
you see anyting wrong or odd in my modprobe files?  Where does bttv come
into things?  When I remove modules using the approach in the ivtv howto:

/sbin/rmmod ivtv cx25840 tuner tveeprom msp3400 wm8775 tda9887 saa7115
saa7127

I need to use rmmod ivtv -f and rmmod bttv -f before I can unload the
others normally because something is using the modules.  Does this offer
any hints?

Is there some other application that could be using or messing with ivtv?
I've read where some people delete and or modify some settings in the
Mandriva Control Center.  Does that ring any bells with you?

Scott