[mythtv-users] beginners audio question

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:28:07 UTC 2007

On 8/24/07, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Brad Fuller wrote:
> > I don't know what the 3 green/orange/black sockets are that you refer
> > to.
>
> They are the dolby speaker outputs on the motherboard.

OK. You should test your system with an AC3 stream or an HD video file
that includes an AC3 stream, to test your 5.1 output to your speakers.
 (if the "sockets" are two pins each, then you don't have complete 5.1
speaker output, of course.)

Alternatively, if the digibox has an IEEE1394 output and Sky sends an
mpeg2 stream out, free and clear, then you might look into getting
this into your PC and record this rather than the analog video that
you're presently capturing.