[mythtv-users] Automatically view latest recording

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Aug 23 23:21:43 UTC 2007

smush at cox.net wrote:
> I've been using MythTV for years to watch TV but now I am using one of them to monitor Security Cameras.  The system has one tuner card and I have it recording 1 hour recordings 24 hours of the day (just to keep the MPG files a manageable size).  What I want MythTV to do is constantly  be viewing the recordings and switch to the latest recording as each recording ends.
>
> Is there a way to get it to do this?

Set up 24 manual recording schedules, and mark each to record every day.
  Every hour one manual recording session will end and another will start.
It was unclear if you also needed to watch at the same time, but ISTR
that when you are watching and recording, and the recording ends, a
prompt comes up to ask if you want to let the machine start the new
recording and watch it at the same time. I haven't checked but I would
presume that if you (your graveyard shift security guard) does not
respond, then the recording starts but without Live TV being available.

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury

        Helping with the HTTP issue