[mythtv-users] PVR-350 Almost Working?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 21:24:33 UTC 2007

On 23/08/07, scott at tbwifi.ca <scott at tbwifi.ca> wrote:
> > Are you sure that ivtv is in the Mandriva 2.6.17 kernel? It may have
> > been provided in the distro, but the ivtv driver did not enter the
> > kernel proper until 2.6.22.
> >
> > For 2.6.17 kernels, ivtv 0.7.4 is the current stable release, with no
> > further updates planned as all development is directed toward the
> > 0.10.x and 1.x releases for kernels >= 2.6.18.
> >
> > Nick Morrott
>
> In addition to Mike's comments I just came across this little tidbit on
> the FAQ section of the IVTV site at the bottom of the page...
>
> Mandriva 2007: has support in de kernel you only need to download de
> firmware rpms from plf to get a working configuration.
>
> It would appear that it uses the 0.7.0 version from what the dmesg outputs
> suggest.

Is this a real 'backporting' of ivtv into the Mandriva kernels? I
would have thought it more likely they just provide the pre-compiled
ivtv kernel modules with the pre-compiled kernel and only require a
user to download the firmware (but I'm likely wrong).

Useful links for the archive:
http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto
http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/FAQ#Do_any_distros_support_ivtv_cards_out_of_the_box.3F

--