[mythtv-users] PVR-350 Almost Working?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 20:58:46 UTC 2007

On 23/08/07, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> scott at tbwifi.ca wrote:
> >
> > You mention that IVTV is in the 2.6.17-14 kernel.  Are you saying that you
> > haven't had to install anything related to IVTV to get your PVR card
> > working in Mandriva or Myth?
> >
> Definitely not, no. I am reminded, however, that I had to edit ah, I can't
> remember which one! modprobe.conf or modprobe.preload - the mandrive installer
> puts a bad options line in for ivtv - delete it. modprobe.preload also sometimes
> seems to have multiple invocations of ivtv in it - reduce to one. I also reduced
> some other multiple lines in there for amd64.

Are you sure that ivtv is in the Mandriva 2.6.17 kernel? It may have
been provided in the distro, but the ivtv driver did not enter the
kernel proper until 2.6.22.

For 2.6.17 kernels, ivtv 0.7.4 is the current stable release, with no
further updates planned as all development is directed toward the
0.10.x and 1.x releases for kernels >= 2.6.18.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/