[mythtv-users] How do you do commercial flagging for ...

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Aug 23 17:17:51 UTC 2007

On Aug 23, 2007, at 10:08 AM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

> Hello...how do you guys do commercial flagging for Seinfeld and
> Friends and
> get it to work?
>
> My issue is that at the end of those two shows' episodes, they sort
> of have
> a last minute of the show while the credits are showing. Myth skips
> over
> that (it thinks it's a commercial).

I have this problem with some shows, too, including Almost Live.
It's especially annoying because you can't use the skip back button
to see what you missed, because Myth has already exited video playback.

Maybe there should be an option to tell the commercial flagger to not
flag the last X minutes of the show.  Or maybe Myth shouldn't auto-
skip if it would take it to the end of the file.