[mythtv-users] firewire recording

Daniel Agar daniel at agar.ca
Thu Aug 23 16:42:49 UTC 2007

I'm recording HD and SD material through firewire from an SA 3250. This is
working pretty well except when I try to use nuvexport. The problem is a
result of the firewire recording sometimes containing about half a second
of video at a different resolution than the rest of the recording.
For instance, I record jeopardy in 1080i, followed by the daily show later
on. In the recording of the daily show there are a few frames of 1080i
from the jeopardy channel before the daily show starts. This is fine for
normal playback but when using nuvexport it causes a seg fault.

So I'm wondering if theres a simply way to add a delay between changing
the channel and starting video capture. I'm currently using the internal
channel changer for an SA 4250 which works perfectly. I considered using
the included channel changer for the sa3250 from contrib but its horribly
unreliable (can't seem to change to channels 500-599). So I either need a
way to add that recording delay in myth or I need to get that SA 4250
channel changer in a script.
Any thoughts?

Thanks