[mythtv-users] XBMC port to Linux and Mythtv

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:07:30 UTC 2007

> With this great news I hope this further integrates mythtv and XBMC :)
>
> http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=Linux_port_project

I'm not sure how it would be better than a mythfrontend. The main
value I see in this at the moment is that booting linux on an Xbox
takes a long time and it runs slowly, whereas the XBMC solution turns
an Xbox into a fast booting/performing frontend to access and play
MythTV recordings. But if you're going to have to boot up linux anyway
the whole boot time problem is still there so you may as well go with
mythfrontend.