[mythtv-users] Installing my pchdtv-5500 working..2nd

Taco Mel taco_mel at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 05:13:54 UTC 2007

Matthew,

I can't vouch for which versions support correct
channel scanning but I can tell you what worked for me
with the pcHDTV 5500, after I experienced the same as
you (0% signal on all channels, everything timed out,
etc.).

Use the dvb-apps (maybe you could use what came on the
CD but I downloaded the latest, dvb-apps-1.1.1-7.fc6)
and run your scan and output a channels.conf file.
The second field in each line is the frequency which
you can enter into the mythtv transport editor.  ("cat
channels.conf | cut -d":" -f2 | sort -u" will give a
list of frequencies)  Once you have these in, go back
to the scanner page, and scan existing transports.
This should work then to get all of your channels.

I originally heard about this from a post on this
list:

Hope this helps...