[mythtv-users] Nice sounds on clicks, startup, etc.

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Aug 22 04:23:12 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 21:08 -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> When I tried this, irexec took over my sound card for a split second
> and wouldn't let go so when I hit Select to start a program, I get
> the button press sound but no audio from the program. Seems that
> using the keypress application works just fine, but limited to one
> button sound.

Had the same problem - using right arrow, followed by "Play from
bookmark" or "Play from beginning" worked fine though...

One solution would be to call a script instead of aplay that does the
aplay, followed by a small sleep... ;)

Of course, the loudness of the buttons got really annoying really
quickly, so I've disabled it... was a nice experiment though!
Definitely belongs in the wiki...

	-I