[mythtv-users] Is there a tuner limit? (problem with >8 tuners)

Chris Wilkie - NetrinoUK chris at netrino.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 18:54:04 UTC 2007

> Hmm if it is a pair of drives it isn't RAID5, RAID5 needs at
> least 3 drives, it is either 0 or 1.  So you are recording,
> writing sql, and deleting a lot of content at once, all
> possibly on 1 PCI bus and 2 spindles.

Good point!  I will double check this next time I restart the box.  It's
showing 32GB of usable storage space, so I'd guess RAID 1.

> Just having SQL and the recordings on separate
> drives will help a great deal.

That's an excellent suggestion, thanks.  I have a couple of 147GB (IIRC)
HP cartridges going spare, so it's certainly worth a test running the
video storage on these.  Presumably RAID0 is the best scenario for these
drives - I don't really need data security on the storage partition.

Chris