[mythtv-users] Nice sounds on clicks, startup, etc.

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:07:15 UTC 2007

On 8/21/07, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
> > And in fact, I did that last night. For LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN,
> > EXIT, RETURN, GUIDE; each has a new stanza:
> >
> > begin
> >     prog = irexec
> >     button = UP
> >     config = aplay /home/mythtv/sounds/up.wav
> > end
> >
> > Works very well.
>
> yes, it probably does, but you also hear the sounds if you are
> watching TV/movies or listening music or ...
>
> am I right? that is far from ideal in my eyes... the sound should be
> played only if
>
> M.

To me that's ideal.   Look at TiVo, you hear sounds when you fast
forward, pause etc.. during playback.  I enabled click.sh in the
keypress option last night, and I was a little surprised how much the
wife liked it.  Her only complaint:  the clicking sound goes away when
I'm watching a show.

I'm going to hack up my .lircrc tonight.

-Bill