[mythtv-users] Nice sounds on clicks, startup, etc.

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 08:06:09 UTC 2007

It sounds that it would be enough to setup a shell script which will
be called for two buttons: UP & DOWN. and maybe LEFT & RIGHT. that
would be a nice effect.
#!/bin/sh
aplay tinkle.wav

but on the other side ... It should be ignored if I am watching a
recording/movie, because I don't want it to tinkle every time I browse
OSD menu...

2007/8/21, Remco Treffkorn <remco at rvt.com>:
> On Monday 20 August 2007, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> >
> > Assuming you have two stanzas--one with "prog = irexec" and one with
> > "prog = mythtv"--both irexec and MythTV will respond to the LIRC
> > message.  Messages are always sent to /all/ listening programs and the
> > programs choose whether to ignore them.
> >
> > The only reason that Myth doesn't respond to LIRC keypresses when you
> > pop up an external media player from MythVideo (i.e. xine or MPlayer) is
> > because Myth begins actively ignoring LIRC button presses as soon as it
> > starts the external player and continues to do so until the external
> > player exits.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Thanks, that is good information. I set it up that way, and it works for me.
>
> The irexec method works great.
>
> What would be even better would be Myth calling the button press script with
> two arguments. First context (music, video, recordings ...) second the actual
> button.
>
> This way I could have buttons play different sounds depending on...
>
> I am not too motivated to look into it. The current solution works too well.
>
> Damn 80/20 rule ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Remco
> --
> Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
> HAM DC2XT
> remco at rvt.com   (831) 685-1201

Glauben heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist ... Nietzsche