[mythtv-users] NVidia card lacking Xv overlay

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Tue Aug 21 06:27:05 UTC 2007

What about the brightness/contrast adjustments?  This is something that
really bugs the hell out of me.  Why should we have to take a giant step
backward in functionality to upgrade to the latest hardware?  There must
be some way around this.  I would think that Nvidia would provide some
sort of wrapper so existing apps that rely on the overlay would retain
their functionality.  Mplayer, Xine and MythTV (the ones I use, I assume
there are others) all have this same problem.  Anyone have a solution?

DaveD