[mythtv-users] so where can I buy a Cablecard Set Top Box

Mark A. Hoover mahoover at ispaceonline.org
Tue Aug 21 02:02:08 UTC 2007

> From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm at gmail.com>
>
>> In my area they seem to lose a little bit on the pricing, but I'm sure
>> they gain from not having to maintain all those receiver boxes....
>>
> I know I have paid for my digital box at least a 2 times over. I
> assume they loose money when you quit your service early, break the
> thing or they upgrade too often giving you a new box before you have
> paid for the last one.

I haven't paid a thing for the box in the 4 years I've had it.  Got it as
part of one of those tripple play deals.  Been through three of the
standard digital boxes and even upgraded to the HD box at no additional
charge.  Although, I'm sure they've more than made up for it in the 4
years of service fees I've paid.