[mythtv-users] Questions related to Fiber to the home and Scientific Atlanta set top boxes

Justin Dunn jd2660 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 20 22:39:56 UTC 2007

I called BEK Communications today and finally got told a correct model
number.
An IPTV IPN330HD.
I searched Scientific Alanta's site for IPTV Set Top Boxes and found the
following PDF:
http://www.scientificatlanta.com/products/customers/images_subscriber/G1601B-IPN603MCG%201-Sheet.pdf .
It shows what the below message says (one IR remote and two RF remotes).
It seems that if it's IPTV tech that there should be a way to just plug the
cable in to the computer to get the TV as computer's have been using IP tech
for a while now.
It doesn't really matter anymore though as I did the math today and found
that the cable is cheaper do to the fact that I'm paying for limited cable
that got installed as basic cable.
Justin