[mythtv-users] DVD VOB Index/Position Issue

Adam Branaugh abranaugh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 19:28:14 UTC 2007

I have the same issue, if you open it up in Xine, you can skip ahead
throughout the entire movie.  one issue I am noticing though is that
each second that it says is passsed is really 1.5-2seconds in reality.
 So it shows a two hour movie only 1 hour 15 minutes or something,
that is the time that is shown in the credits but you can scroll all
the way through the movie.

On 8/20/07, Steve MacLaren <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/18/07, jmk <jmk at foofus.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having some issues with MythVideo displaying the correct position
> > within a "Perfect" (VOB) DVD rip. This issue seems to be present for me
> > with both current SVN and -fixes. As an example, the most recent DVD I
> > ripped is displayed as 5 seconds long every time I play it. I've also
> > had videos display as other incorrect amounts (30 minutes, 1 hour, etc).
> > I can jump within the video as long as I'm before the amount displayed.
> > The video will play past the point displayed, but jumping no longer
> > works. If I transcode the DVD, to say "Excellent" quality, this is not
> > an issue.
> >
> > Have others encountered this issue? Is there a way to regenerate the
> > position data within a VOB?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joe
>
> Well, I would tell you to give mythcommflag --video a try, but I know from
> experience that for this situation it does not fix the incorrect time issue.
>
> Then, I'd tell you to try mplayer instead, but in my experience, mplayer
> exhibits the same problem when trying to skip forward past the time which
> the internal player says is the end of the video.
>
> So it seems to me that there is something fundamentally wrong with the .vob
> file when mythDVD rips it from the disk.  Maybe someone knows of an
> application that "fixes" .vob files?
>
> Note: if you try to raise an issue with mythDVD import, you will probably
> get slapped down...
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3857
>

> --

You have just recieved a message from Adam Branaugh