[mythtv-users] DEBUGGING INFO: Kernel message out of nowhere

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Aug 20 15:08:16 UTC 2007

Andy Burns wrote:
> On 19/08/2007 06:22, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>
>> Earlier this afternoon, I noticed that xorg.conf has 2 options
>> "AllowDeactivateGrabs" and "AllowCloseDownGrabs" (see 'man xorg.conf').
>
> May be useful *if* the keyboard is grabbed
>
>> If I read these correctly, if enabled it might allow you to grab back
>> the keyboard and/or mouse which have been frozen by the locked program
>> (mythfrontend in this case). I haven't had a chance to check this yet,
>> but when mythfrontend locks up, it *always* freezes the keyboard too....
>
> but I've *always* found when mythfrontend hangs gnome can kill it with
> ALT-F4 or I can use CTRL-ALT-LEFT/RIGHT to switch another workspace and
> e.g. start an terminal window there.

Then you are a lucky man. When my frontend locks up it blocks the
keyboard and the mouse too.

I'm going to put those 2 options into my xorg.conf and wait and see what
happens the next time the wheels fall off. Just upgraded to Fedora 7 and
I just left the box compiling mythtv, so we will see...

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury

        Helping with the HTTP issue