[mythtv-users] OT: Help selecting PCI SATA card

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:51:46 UTC 2007

On 8/20/07, mythtvuserslist.20.jisme at spamgourmet.com
<mythtvuserslist.20.jisme at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> [Resent from spamgourmet as I think hotmail eat my message and I had
> something to add anyway]
> Here is something to note about SATA drives:
> SATA drives use a different power connectector then a PATA drive (More
> Info Here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SATA#Cables_and_connectors )
> and if the computer was built before SATA connectors were manufactured
> your computer's power supply may not have the right connector to use it.
> If that is the case you would need to find a converter if one exists or
> buy a new power supply.

"If one exists"? SATA converters have been around as long as SATA has been.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sata+power+converter

will come up with a few hundred places with prices starting at $2. If
you're in the US, start here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812189005
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston