[mythtv-users] Comcast limits firewire channels?

Andy Alsup aalsup at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 03:47:39 UTC 2007

I'm in Seattle and I've been using Comcast and 6200 with firewire for
2 years or so.

I recently noticed that my recordings of NBC and FOX HD channels had
stopped working.  After looking into it, the channels themselves show
5c is copy free, but when capturing the output on the firewire port,
the output data is not MPEG2 TS.  I'm not sure what it is, but its not
video.

My ATSC enabled TV has no trouble tuning the same channels, so
whatever this problem is, its just the STB thats affected.

This change corresponded to the "new" guide update that Comcast did recently.

I'm wondering if anyone else has recently lost the firewire ability on
a few channels.  Is there something besides 5c thats being turned on?
Maybe the new STB updates just broke stuff.

I saw 1 or 2 comments on AVSforums about this, but no more information
that what I described above.

Any thoughts?